Saturday, August 20, 2011

Learning to be a Mom

The friends we are staying with have a 7 month old baby boy named Jude. To help them out (and make our rent dirt cheap) I am watching Jude while both Jen and Robert are at work. Last week I watched Jude from 7 am to 4:30 or 5:30 pm depending on who got home first. This week I still technically start watching Jude at 7 am but luckily he is now getting up closer to 8 am. Jen hasn't had to go to Bountiful for training so she has been getting home between 3:30 and 4 pm. Watching Jude is a great opportunity to learn to be a mom. And no I'm not pregnant. And watching Jude has taught me I'm not quit ready for kids of my own. Mom's are amazing people. I don't know how they do this every day all day. I'm always watching the clock waiting for Jen or Robert to get home and then I can't wait for the weekend when I don't have to get up or worry about watching Jude at all. I am learning how to be a mom and it is tough work.

No comments: